As Data scientist forecasting and planning you help companies make better forecasting and planning decisions based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for forecasting and planning algorithms and a fascination for technology.
Your role as Data scientist planning and forecasting
In your work, you deal with the three pillars of applied analytics: data engineering, model development and storytelling. With a sharp analytical eye, you translate business challenges and opportunities into a design that you implement and embed in the customer’s organization. Designing your solutions, you never lose sight of the people that work with these and the processes that they support.
At EyeOn, you will work with the latest techniques, solutions and insights in the field of data science. As believers in a future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. We challenge you to share this drive for continuous improvement.
Your working location will mainly be at our office in Aarle-Rixtel. Our Forecasting & Planning and knowledge center is located there. We also have offices in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Geneva, Zürich, Dublin, Düsseldorf, and New York City.
- Translating planning, forecasting and sensing challenges into a variety of mathematical decision support models;
- Raising the efficiency and quality of applied analytics projects by standardizing and improving technical methods and applications, including the technical set-up, design, and scalability of our in-house plugins;
- Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running applied analytics lab projects;
- Presenting results in a narrative and insightful way to managers and planners; e.g. Tableau, PowerBI.
- Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of applied analytics.
- A completed university education and master’s degree in operations research, industrial engineering, econometrics, or similar;
- Relevant experience (3-8 years) in or affinity with supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
- You enjoy translating complex real-life problems into mathematical models;
- Experience with programming, preferably in Python (eg. Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
- Experience with processing and analyzing data (eg. SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes);
- Tech-savvy: eager to learn new technologies and applications;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, typical data science techniques (regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc.);
- EU-working permit.
- Working location: Eindhoven
EyeOn Data Science
In EyeOn Data Science we’re the best at helping our customers do better supply chain planning through data science. We make sure we stay the best by working together as a team, and by learning new things from each other and through our customer projects.
We’re a young team with a passion for data science, using tools such as Dataiku, Python (pandas, numpy), Spark, PowerBI, Tableau, Jira, Bitbucket, and more. We are creative minds with a fascination for data. We believe in the digital transformation and a data-driven future.
Why work for EyeOn?
- Join a global team with experienced experts who are passionate about supply chain planning and data science.
- Co-create solutions with creativity and innovation to solve tough business challenges for some of the world’s largest and most successful companies.
- Work in a culture that blends the best entrepreneurial spirit with a healthy work-life balance.
- Experience the freedom of deciding how you schedule your agenda, work and location in teams that operate with trust and autonomy.
- Create your own personal development program with the counsel of our experienced experts and support from EyeOn.
- Receive excellent employee benefits and perks, including bonus potential.
Answers to your questions
Inge Loog is available to answer any questions you may have about this role. Contact Inge at email@example.com.
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
EyeOn is a focused forecasting and planning consultancy with a global mission: getting business years ahead. What characterizes us is our expertise in planning processes, strength in project management and organizational flexibility. We realize concrete improvements in defined planning processes to establish more efficient processes and achieve better results.