The Data scientist inventory management has a key role in EyeOn’s data science and solutions team. You will be working with the highly skilled and motivated colleagues on very challenging projects for large (multinational) companies in process, pharmaceutical, fast moving consumer goods and high tech industries.
Your role as data scientist inventory management
You will be making a real difference, letting these companies fulfill their customer’s demand more reliably and more efficiently. You will be working on the latest innovative technologies in operations research and data science to find ever smarter solutions to our customer’s challenges.
On a yearly bases we take up many different inventory optimization projects – a.o. SEIO and MEIO – for big multinationals in the process industry, consumer goods, life science, and in the engineering to order industry. With our high level knowledge on this specific subject matter we successfully optimize inventory levels for our clientele, in order to make their processes more efficient.
In this role you will become part of our inventory proposition within our data science team. You will lead projects and work as team member in projects as well.
Your primary work location will be at our customer locations and our office in Aarle-Rixtel, where our forecasting & planning knowledge center is located. We also have offices in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Geneva, Zürich, Dublin, Düsseldorf, and New York City.
- You work on large, complex and challenging inventory and planning optimization projects;
- Translating business challenges into quantitative models and solutions that match the various maturity levels of our customers;
- You have the experience that allows you to deploy these solutions and drive the improvement in inventory, customer service, cost or margin for our customers;
- Engaging with planners as well as senior management, addressing their challenges in an adequate and professional manner and helping them make the right decision;
- You are a thought-leader on inventory management, representing EyeOn on the topic of inventory and supply chain optimization at network events and conferences;
- Giving master classes to professionals from industry on inventory management;
- Coaching and training colleagues on inventory management and supply chain optimization;
- MSc. or Ph.D. in stochastic operations research or related field;
- Between 3 and 8 years of experience in quantitative supply chain improvement projects;
- In-depth knowledge and experience on stochastic (inventory) modeling, Monte Carlo simulation, heuristic optimization and mathematical programming;
- Technology savvy, knowledgeable about and experienced in scientific programming and algorithm development;
- In-depth knowledge about and experience with ERP and APS systems;
- Strong communicator, able to explain complex challenges and solutions to planners, higher management and consultants alike;
- Broad knowledge and overview on theory and approaches to inventory management challenges but pragmatic in implementation;
- EU working permit
- Working location: Eindhoven
EyeOn Data Science
In EyeOn Data Science we’re the best at helping our customers do better supply chain planning through data science. We make sure we stay the best by working together as a team, and by learning new things from each other and through our customer projects.
We’re a young team with a passion for data science, using tools such as Dataiku, Python (pandas, numpy), Spark, PowerBI, Tableau, Jira, Bitbucket, and more. We are creative minds with a fascination for data. We believe in the digital transformation and a data-driven future.
Why work for EyeOn?
- Join a global team with experienced experts who are passionate about supply chain planning and data science.
- Co-create solutions with creativity and innovation to solve tough business challenges for some of the world’s largest and most successful companies.
- Work in a culture that blends the best entrepreneurial spirit with a healthy work-life balance.
- Experience the freedom of deciding how you schedule your agenda, work and location in teams that operate with trust and autonomy.
- Create your own personal development program with the counsel of our experienced experts and support from EyeOn.
- Receive excellent employee benefits and perks, including bonus potential.
Answers to your questions
Inge Loog is available to answer any questions you may have about this role. Contact Inge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
EyeOn is a focused forecasting and planning consultancy with a global mission: getting business years ahead. What characterizes us is our expertise in planning processes, strength in project management and organizational flexibility. We realize concrete improvements in defined planning processes to establish more efficient processes and achieve better results.