As Data analyst planning and forecasting you help companies make better forecasting, planning and inventory management decisions, based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for planning, both the technology and the reality of business. You are keen to translate data science outcomes into business impact.
Your role as Data analyst planning and forecasting
In your work, you deal with the three pillars of applied analytics: data engineering, model development and storytelling. You keep a sharp analytical eye on both the business challenges and the hard data science.
Your activities are a mix between shorter customer projects (4-6 weeks), internal developments, and longer ‘interim’ activities (3-6 months) at selected customers. This provides unique opportunities to learn about and work with the latest data science insights around forecasting, inventory management, and other aspects of planning, as well as great experiences being immersed in the reality of business.
At EyeOn you will work with the latest techniques, solutions and insights in the field of planning and forecasting. As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. We challenge you to do the same.
Your primary work location will be at our customer locations and our office in Aarle-Rixtel, where our forecasting & planning knowledge center is located. We also have offices in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Geneva, Zürich, Dublin, Düsseldorf, and New York City.
- Translating planning challenges into data science solutions;
- In interim projects, helping customers with their challenges in any way needed, creating ad-hoc analyses, providing insightful dashboards, developing their in-house data science knowledge, etc.
- Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running applied analytics lab projects;
- Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of applied analytics.
- A completed university education and master degree in operations research, data science, econometrics, mathematics or similar;
- Relevant experience in or affinity with supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
- You enjoy translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
- Experience with programming, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
- Experience with processing and analyzing data (eg. SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes) is a plus;
- Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques, eg. time series, regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc.
- EU working permit;
- Working location: Eindhoven.
EyeOn Data Science
In EyeOn Data Science we’re the best at helping our customers do better supply chain planning through data science. We make sure we stay the best by working together as a team, and by learning new things from each other and through our customer projects.
We’re a young team with a passion for data science, using tools such as Dataiku, Python (pandas, numpy), Spark, PowerBI, Tableau, Jira, Bitbucket, and more. We are creative minds with a fascination for data. We believe in the digital transformation and a data-driven future.
Why work for EyeOn?
- Join a global team with experienced experts who are passionate about supply chain planning and data science.
- Co-create solutions with creativity and innovation to solve tough business challenges for some of the world’s largest and most successful companies.
- Work in a culture that blends the best entrepreneurial spirit with a healthy work-life balance.
- Experience the freedom of deciding how you schedule your agenda, work and location in teams that operate with trust and autonomy.
- Create your own personal development program with the counsel of our experienced experts and support from EyeOn.
- Receive excellent employee benefits and perks, including bonus potential.
Answers to your questions
Inge Loog is available to answer any questions you may have about this role. Contact Inge at email@example.com.
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure.
EyeOn is a focused forecasting and planning consultancy with a global mission: getting business years ahead. What characterizes us is our expertise in planning processes, strength in project management and organizational flexibility. We realize concrete improvements in defined planning processes to establish more efficient processes and achieve better results.