On May 16th, EyeOn hosted a network event on ‘No-touch S&OP, what happens in practice’ in the Netherlands.
We presented practical and inspiration topics to the 30 participants to help bring their supply chains closer towards no-touch S&OP.
EyeOn no-touch S&OP framework
Over the past years, technological developments have created a big opportunity for companies to improve their S&OP planning processes. By taking advantage of these opportunities, some enterprises are already moving towards the goal of no-touch S&OP. EyeOn’s vision is that no-touch S&OP cannot just be achieved through technological development, but different building blocks that encompass integral processes across the value chain, excellent data, enabling applications, high quality analytics, organizational readiness, and a decision focused culture are necessary to reach the no-touch S&OP.
No-touch via fast planning tools
Tata Steel shared its journey using technology to improve their S&OP process. The attendees learned from the challenges and benefits that Tata Steel experienced in their implementation of a fast planning tool to move their S&OP process towards a more automated cadence.
These sessions provided examples for the attendees about the S&OP improvements in different areas that are needed to reach no-touch S&OP. The topics included:
- No-touch data based on data engineering
- Narrow no-touch versus strong no-touch
- No-touch people and organization
Key insights from the day
- Although it is coined ‘no-touch’ it makes sense to prepare your organization. Many small steps in different areas make a big difference.
- Algorithms are demanding and need to be fueled by (a lot of) high quality data. Start collecting or improving your data quality as soon as possible.
- Start the change by implementing supply chain visibility and transparency, next move into building a future-proof digitally enabled supply chain through implementations and pilots to demonstrate the success of advanced planning.
Below you can find some of the materials that were shared during the day: